2021 Application for Classroom Placement Letter
Application for Classroom Placement
Parent input on student placement will need to be submitted using an application form that is available in the office and on our website under “Classroom Placement Application” at etna.lcsd2.org. All requests can be either faxed to 307-883-3051, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to the school at PO Box 5068, Etna, Wyoming 83118 or dropped off at the school. Phone calls, emails, notes, or conversations with teacher about placement will not substitute for completing the form. When making a recommendation, please consider the following:
- Every classroom in each grade level offers the same exposure to the curriculum.
- The process for making classroom assignments for the following year is time-intensive and very complex; ensuring students are considered individually for how they will succeed based on teaching style, learning style, interaction with peers in the classroom, student strengths, and teacher strengths.
- We cannot consider more than one request per student.
- Parent input is one determining factor and not the determining factor in placement. While we work hard to consider parent input, placement from parent input is not guaranteed. Teachers, along with myself, take the above listed factors into account when it comes to placing all students in classrooms.
- Application forms that are incomplete will not be honored.
- Parent input is due to the office by the end of the school day on April 30. Any requests received after that date, including requests made once the class lists have been posted, will not be considered.
Thank you for helping make this a great year at Etna Elementary. We appreciate your support and all you do to make this a good experience for your child. As always, if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at 307-885-2472.
APPLICATION FOR CLASSROOM PLACEMENT
Classrooms for next year –
6th Grade – Mr. Johnson, Mr. Crowther, Mrs. Peterson and a new hire.
5th Grade – Mrs. Moore, Mr. Kinn, Mrs. Putnam, and Mrs. Wolfley
4th Grade – Mr. McKinney, Mrs. Kabonic, Mrs. Helgesen, Mrs. Stone